Taking action against Racism in the workplace
Research shows that modern racism is built into our culture, institutions and societal norms.
Although this can make it difficult to recognise, organisations and leaders have an unprecendented opportunity to take an anti-racist stand and make change happen.
What does research tell us?
- 28% of BAME employees have experienced or witnessed racial harassment from their managers in the past 5 years
- 1 in 3 British BAME workers have been bullied, abused or singled out for unfair treatment. (TUC 2017)
- 6% of those on FTSE 100 boards are male and BAME. 3.8% are female and BAME.
Understanding the challenge
As with many areas of Diversity and Inclusion, it is important to uncover taboos, dispel myths and tackle what is meant by the term ‘racism’. By avoiding the conversation we perpetuate the problem.
- What is modern racism?
- What is white privilege?
- Understand micro aggressions
- Acknowledge the fear of getting it wrong
The Clear Company provide expert insight and an action focused approach.
Our Anti Racism toolkit has been developed with our partners Diversity Practice and provides an expert led first step into opening up the conversation about racism in the workplace
Supported by in-depth audits and rigorous accredited training we help our clients implement authentic change at pace.